- Our Research
The School of Population Health engages in research that is focused on making a real impact on some of the world’s most pressing population and public health challenges. Recent benchmarking by the Australian Research Council assessed our research achievements as above or well above international standards.
Our world-leading researchers are making discoveries in fields including global burden of disease; early influences on health and women’s health; global health; and behavioural risk factors for cancer prevention.
- Research income has more than tripled since 2002
- A 50% success rate for competitive grant applications, well above the national average of 20%
- Recent benchmarking described our research as above or well above world standard. Research in sociology and statistics was awarded the highest possible score.
- Recruitment of many outstanding early career researchers ensures long-term sustainability of our vibrant research culture
- National and international awards